Station Inventory Form
The Quarter Century Wireless
Association urges all its members to maintain an inventory of their amateur
radio equipment. Those of us who have assisted our friends, or the family of our
friends, fully understand the problems associated with the disposal of the ham
equipment of a Silent Key.
The following questions always arise:
1. What is it?
2. What is it worth?
3. Will it fall into the hands of an unlicensed person?
QCWA Chapter 70 will, if asked, assist in arranging for the disposition of the ham
equipment of a member. No remuneration is involved. The following are some
A. ) The Amateur
1. The amateur should be a
current Chapter 70 member at time of death.
2. The station should have an inventory.
2. There should be a file of appropriate manuals, warranty cards, receipts, etc.
B. ) The QCWA Volunteers
1. There will be two amateur volunteers.
2. The equipment will be evaluated for fair market value.
3. The volunteers will attempt to locate legal buyers
C. ) The Family/Estate
1. The actual sale will be concluded between the family and the buyer, although
may be called upon for further advice. In the case of one of the two volunteers
purchase a major item a third volunteer should be obtained to ensure that a
fair price is paid.
You can greatly simplify things for your loved ones by filling out the Inventory
List sheets and keeping in a safe place such as a safety deposit box. The
inventory should be reviewed and updated at least annually.
To download a copy of the Station Inventory form, please click here. You will need a copy of
Adobe Acrobat Reader which is available free of charge from this download