QCWA CHAPTER 70
Minutes of Meeting Sept. 21st, 1994
Held at the Carlingwood Family Restaurant
- The initial time of socializing was especially enjoyed due to the presence of the spouses. There were a total of 45 present. The business meeting was opened at 2025 hrs by the President, Croft Taylor (VE3CT). Croft introduced new member Dave Parks (VE3AV). Jim Dean (VE3IQ) introduced as a guest the Rev. Walter (Paddy) Sellars (VE3MK). Paddy is the Minister at Dominion-Chalmers United Church. It was Paddy who conducted the re-internment of Bud Jones (VE3ET). A welcome was expressed to Doug Burrill, (VE3CDC). It is hoped that Doug will become a member of QCWA. (Note: your secretary-treasurer is working ofn this, hi). Phil Robinson was introduced as VA3PR and his XYL as VE3CUR (Phil's old call). It was noted that Phil's XYL, Marjorie, was first licensed as VO1VK in 1958 and so she is qualified to become a member of QCWA. (How about it Marjorie?) Croft Taylor introduced Alan Hiles (VE3EEC) as a guest. Alan expressed an interest in becoming a member of QCWA.
- It was moved by George Roach (VE3BNO), seconded by Al Oldfield (VE3ANO) that the minutes of the May meeting be accepted as published. Carried. The Secretary-Treasurer will have a financial report for the November meeting.
- Jim Dean reported on the Calgary RSO Convention. He noted that the Convention was well organized and that there were excellent presentations. He hopes to have pictures of the Convention as a montage for the November meeting. Jim informed us that he is now on the RAC executive as Vice-President Government Relations.
- Croft mentioned that, because of the currect good rate for QCWA HQ membership, anyone close to renewal time should do so promptly. Croft informed us that we are hosting the 1996 QCWA International Convention here in Ottawa on Oct. 4 and 5. George Roach, VE3BNO, will be the chairman of this Convention. Anyone wishing to volunteer should see George. The Convention will be held at the Citadel Hotel (formerly the Skyline). Croft also noted that the 1995 Convention will be held in New England. Croft will be attending the 1994 Convention in El Paso, Texas. Since Croft is now a director of QCWA HQ, he will have more to report on following this Convention.
- The speaker for the evening, Ian McIntyre (VE3CZ), was introduced by Gord Grant, VE3DY. Ian used a flip chart to illustrate his talk and also had several X-Ray tubes to show us. Ian was thanked by Croft Taylor, VE3CT.
- We were reminded that the next meeting will be held on Nov. 16th, 1994. The meeting closed at 2240 hrs.
- SPECIAL NOTE:
Congratulations to Armand (Wiggy) Wigglesworth, VE1US (ex-VE3YE)'
who received the Order of Canad from the Governor-General at a
recent presentation here in Ottawa.
73 de Keith
Croft Taylor (VE3CT) Keith Bedal (VE3GFI)
President 839-3336 Sect'y-Treas. 828-1870
3 Weatherly Dr. 125 Ridgefield Cr.,
Kanata, Ont., K2W 1A3 Nepean, Ont., K2H-6T4