QUARTER CENTURY WIRELESS ASSOCIATION
NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION
OTTAWA ONTARIO CANADA
6:45 pm – 9:30 pm
November 16, 2010
1) At 6:45 PM, President Bob MacKenzieVA3RKM welcomed 47 Chapter members and guests, and introduced the head table.
Vice-President Dave Conn, VE3KL
Director Doug Leach, VE3XK
Director Richard Ferch, VE3KI
Director George Roach VE3BNO
Past President Dave Parks VE3AV
Treasurer Dick Bonnycastle, VE3FUA
Guests: Greg Danylchenko VE3YTZ
Janice Neelands VA3PAX
3) Minutes of the September 16th, 2010 dinner meeting: - Bob VA3RKM, asked for approval of the September 16th minutes as posted on the Chapter 70 website.
Moved by Dick Bonnycastle, VE3FUA and seconded by Dave Conn, VE3KL that the minutes be adopted as posted. Carried.
Secretary’s Report: The absence of Ken Pulfer
VE3PU, who was attending meetings in Geneva, was mentioned by Bob VA3RKM. Bob VA3RKM noted that the applications of two amateurs Pat
Byers VE3EUR and Barrie AllisonVE3NJZ were being processed, and
5) Illness and SK Report: - Richard Ferch VE3KI, reported on sick and ailing members.
6) Treasurer’s report and proposed 2011 Budget: – The Treasurer’s report was presented by Dick Bonnycastle VE3FUA.
Moved by Dick VE3FUA and seconded by Marg Heaslip VE3EQE that the Treasurer’s report be approved. Carried
Moved by Dick VE3FUA and seconded by Dave Parks VE3AV, that the Budget for 2001 be approved. Carried
7) Nominating Report: Dave Parks VE3AV, reported that no members had been found to fill vacant executive positions. President, Secretary and one Director positions will not be filled in 2011 as a result. Bob VA3RKM and Dave VE3AV asked members to consider service or to encourage others to do so. The executive for 2011 is comprised of Vice-president David Conn VE3KL; Past-president Bob MacKenzie VA3RKM; Treasurer Dick Bonnycastle VE3FUA; Director Richard Ferch VE3KI; and Director George Roach VE3BNO.
8) Regulatory update: Bryan Rawlings VE3QN reported on the proposal to have amateur privileges in the 500 kHZ band. He asked anyone who had equipment that would cover that band to consider loaning it so that studies of potential interference with Ontario Hydro control signals could be made.
9) News and notices: - Bob VA3RKM report that the biography project headed by Doug VE3XK was going well and encouraged members to send in their information. He also reminded members to invite qualified amateurs to join the chapter and to participate in the weekly Chapter 70 net on VE3MPC.
10) Presentation of pins and certificates: Bob VA3RKM presented the following members with Life Membership certificates in Chapter 70, in recognition of their faithful and productive service:
Doug Leach VE3XK
Croft Taylor VE3CT (absent)
Ed Morgan VE3GX
Doreen Morgan VE3CGO
Jim Dean VE3IQ (absent)
George Roach VE3BNO
Doug Leach VE3XK
Ken Pulfer VE3PU (absent)
In his absence, the QCWA Meritorious Award certificate was presented to Jim Dean VE3IQ.
11) After Dinner Speaker: after dinner speaker Gregory Danylchenko VE3YTZ was introduced by Dave Conn VE3KL. Greg spoke about his experiences with Software-defined Radio. He was thanked by George Roach VE3BNO.
12) Door prizes and 50-50 draw: - Doug VE3XK, assisted by Janice Neelands VA3PAX conducted the selection of winning tickets for the door prizes and for the 50/50 draw.
Next meeting: - Before closing, Bob VA3RKM announced that the next dinner meeting will be held at Robbie's Restaurant on February 15th, 2011 (it will be a dinner meeting). Guest speaker will be Glenn MacDonell VE3XRA, who will speak on radio astronomy and amateur radio.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:15 PM.