QUARTER CENTURY WIRELESS ASSOCIATION
NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION
OTTAWA ONTARIO CANADA
CHAPTER 70 DINNER MEETING
Spouses and Ladies Night
KS ON THE KEYS
Tuesday, May 19, 2014
Socialize from 6:15 hrs - Dinner at 6:45 hrs
1) At 6:45 PM, Richard Ferch, VE3KI welcomed 35 Chapter members, spouses, ladies and guests, and introduced the head table.
Executive Members Present:
Richard Ferch VE3KI President
David Conn VE3KL Past President
John Barnhardt VE3ZOV Vice President
Pat Brewer VE3KJQ Director
John Hewitt VE3PUX Director
Barry Allison VE3NJK Treasurer
Norm Rashleigh VE3LC Secretary
Carmella May, Ginette Rashleigh, Dorothy Salt, Kathy Petersen, Louise Rawlings, Marilyn Cameron, Janet Morgan, Jane Ferch, Celsa Barnhardt and Gary Spence, VE2GK and Coral Spence VA2CS
2) Approval of Last Meeting Mintues.: The February 27 luncheon meeting minutes have been posted on the Chapter web site. Norm VE3LC moved that these be accepted. Seconded by George VE3BNO. Carried.
3) Annual Acknowledgments: Richard VE3KI thanked the volunteers/executive for their hard work and dedication to Chapter 70:
Doug Leach: Web master and archivist
John Barnhardt: Photography, Restaurant bookings
John Barnhardt: Chapter 70 Monday night net
Norm Rashleigh: Secretary, QCWA inc. interface, reports and estate sales
Pat Brewer: Pins/Certificates
Barry Allison: Chapter 70 master database, Treasurer
Dave Conn: Door prizes, nominations
4) Picnic: Richard VE3KI announced that, building on the success of the previous two years’ picnics, the Executive was planning to organize a picnic, location yet to be determined, with some optional ham radio operating activities for those interested. Date to be determined, likely mid-August (August 12?). Venue to be confirmed as Rockcliff Flying Club picnic grounds.
5) Illness and SK Report: - John Barnhardt VE3ZOV, reported on sick and ailing members as follows:
Claude Bailey, VE1HU, SK
Claude Bailey was are most senior Chapter 70 member reaching the age of 100 last December. We featured his milestone birthday in the February Chapter 70 Journal Report. Unfortunately Claude's daughter, Joan Powel, VE9JC, advised us that Claude passed away March 26, 2015 at his home in New Brunswick. Our sincere condolences to Joan and her family.
6) Presentation of pins and certificates: Richard Ferch, VE3KI, and Pat Brewer, VE3KJQ, presented the following members with anniversary pins and certificates:
Name Callsign Year Present to Receive
Mike Babineau VE3WMB 35 No
Gary Hyatt VE3MJT 35 Yes
Chris Bisaillion VE3CBK 40 No
Wayne Getchell VE3CZO 40 No
Dave Goodwin VE3AAQ 40 Yes
Peter Jago VA3PJ 45 No
Jim Thiessen VA3KV 45 No
Tim Evangelatos VE3MY 50 Yes
Cary Honeywell VE3EV 50 No
Marcel Lemay VE3FNG 50 Yes
Neal Petersen VE3DHE 55 Yes
John Gilbert VE3CXL 60 Yes
Doug Leach VE3XK 60 Yes
Paul Campbell VE3PC 65 No
David Conn VE3KL 65 Yes
Doreen Morgan VE3CGO 65 Yes
Jack Belrose VE2CV/VE3CCV Century Award.
Jack was unable to attend as he was away in Paris, France. We will try to present Jack's award at the September meeting.
Those who were not present to receive their pins/certificates will be mailed their awards.
8) After Dinner Speaker:
Hams I Met at Work
Presenter – John Gilbert VE3CXL
The speaker was introduced by Dave Conn, VE3KL.
The speaker was thanked by Richard Ferch VE3KI.
9) Door Prizes and 50-50 draw.
The Door Prizes for the spouses and ladies were presented by Dave Conn, VE3KL with the assistance of John Gilbert, VE3CXL. Ladies winning special door prizes was member Doreen Morgan, VE3CGO, guests Coral Spence, VA2CS, and Celsa Barnhardt. Pat Brewer, VE3KJQ won the 50/50 draw.
10) Next meeting:
Before closing, Richard VE3KI announced that the next dinner meeting will be held on Tuesday September 15 at KS on the Keys.
The guest speaker will beHarrie Jones, VE3YQA, to speak on Lightning storms and protection of your ham shack.
Richard encouraged members to check into the Monday night net conducted at 7:30 pm on VE3MPC, 147.150 MHz +
The meeting was adjourned at 9:00 PM.
Meeting Minutes Prepared by:
Norm Rashleigh, VE3LC