QCWA CHAPTER 70
Minutes of Meeting Feb. 15th, 1995
Held at the Carlingwood Family Restaurant
- Following an initial time of socializing the meeting was called to order by president Bill Barrie. Alan Hiles, VE3EEC, introduced as a guest Derek Thompson, VE3EAC. Ralph Cameron, VE3BBM, passed along best regards from Croft Taylor, VE3CT, who is still basking in the Florida sunshine.
- Following the usual excellent meal, Bill Barrie opened the meeting for business at 2020 hrs. Minutes of the November 16th, 1994 meeting were adopted by Jim Jarvis, seconded by Jim Dean. The Treasurer, Keith Bedal, reported that we have $732.34 presently in the bank. No report at present time from George Roach on the 1996 QCWA Convention to be held in Ottawa. Jim Dean, Membership Chairman, mentioned about renewal of Chapter 70 dues and also QCWA HQ dues. He reminded us of the present favourable rate for HQ membership. This rate may change at any time so take advantage of these rates now. George Schuthe reminded all of the QCWA phone QSO party to be held on March 11 and 12th. Keith Bedal noted that the QCWA Southern Ontario Chapter 73 is holding their next meeting on May 13th, 1995. (Please note further info on this at end of this report).
- Jim Dean reminded the members of the Chapter 70 QCWA Net. This Net meets every Thursday evening at 2000 hrs, local time. The Net uses repeater VE3TEL - 147.03 out, 146.43 in. The average number of checkins has been 9 to 10. Bill Barrie reminded us of the QCWA Chapter 73 HF Net that meets every Sunday at 1300 hrs on 7088 khz. Bill also noted that QCWA would have a greater presence among amateurs if we could have a QCWA column in TCA.
- The speaker of the evening, George Roach (VE3BNO) was introduced by Bill Barrie. George had previously (May 18th, 1994) given a presentation on the external features of moving CFRA to a new site where the construction of the new Highway 416 would not interfere. The present talk and slides showed us inside the new transmitter building. Ralph Cameron, VE3BBM, thanked George for the very interesting presentation.
- The meeting was closed by President Bill Barrie at 2145 hrs.
Meeting of QCWA Southern Ontario Chapter 73
QCWA Chapter 73 is holding a "revitalization" meeting on May 13, 1995. The meeting will be held at the Plainsman Restaurant - corner of Hwy 5 and Hwy 6 - just north of Hamilton. They would be pleased to have representation from the National Capital Chapter 70. The meeting will begin at about 1030 hrs. The lunch will be a buffet at a cost of $10.00. Our own Croft Taylor (VE3CT) will be there to present a 75-year pin and certificate to Stan Moir (VE3SM). Your Secretary-Treasurer, Keith Bedal, also expects to attend. The meeting will be followed by a chance to visit the Hammond Museum of Radio.
73 de Keith
Bill Barrie (VE3AAS) Keith Bedal (VE3GFI)
President 256-3233 Sect'y-Treas. 828-1870
P.O. Box 628, Unit #109 125 Ridgefield Cr.,
Almonte, Ont., K0A 1A0 Nepean, Ont., K2H-6T4