QUARTER CENTURY WIRELESS ASSOCIATION
NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION
OTTAWA ONTARIO CANADA
11:45 am – 2:00 pm
Tuesday February 21, 2017
1) At 12:00 PM, President Richard Ferch VE3KI welcomed 26 Chapter members and guests, and introduced the head table.
Executive members present:
Richard Ferch VE3KI President
Dave Conn VE3KL Past President
John Barnhardt VE3ZOV Vice President
Bryan Rawlings VE3QN Treasurer
Norm Rashleigh VE3LC Secretary
Pat Brewer VE3KJQ Director
Alan Goodacre VE3HX Director
Guests: Louise Rawlings, Ginette Rashleigh, Lilianna Conn and Terry Duncan, VE3KLT
2) Minutes of the November 15, 2016 dinner meeting: - Richard VE3KI asked for approval of the minutes as posted on the Chapter 70 website.
Moved by Ralph Cameron, VE3BBM and seconded by Dave Parks, VE3AV that the minutes be adopted as posted. Carried.
3) President’s report: Richard, VE3KI.
Richard reminded those present about the Chapter 70 net on Mondays on the VE3MPC repeater, and also about the QCWA QSO Party coming up on March 11/12. He asked for a volunteer to operate under the club call sign, VE3QCW, in the QSO Party. No one came forward.
The May meeting of Chapter 70 will be on Tuesday May 16.
4) SK and Illness report: John, VE3ZOV.
John, VE3ZOV reported on the passing of Paul Reed VE2LR (ex VE3BZO) Life Member Jan 16, 2017 Memorial TBD – a moment of silence and reflection was held for this most accomplish member.
5) After Dinner Speaker:
Bryan Rawlings VE3QN
The Transatlantic Cable
Bryan Rawlings gave a well produced presentation on the history of the transatlantic telegraph cable between the UK and Newfoundland based on his research and reading of three books on the subject.
6) Door prizes and 50-50 draw: Richard VE3KI, assisted by Dave VE3KL, conducted the selection of winning tickets for the door prizes and 50/50 draw. The winner of the 50/50 draw was Terry Duncan, VE3KLT
The meeting was adjourned at approximately 2:15 pm.
Meeting Minutes edited from the agenda by:
Norm Rashleigh, VE3LC