QUARTER CENTURY WIRELESS ASSOCIATION
NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION
11:45 am Ė 2:00 pm
Tuesday February 23, 2016
1) At 12:00 PM, President Richard Ferch VE3KI welcomed 27 Chapter members and guests, and introduced the head table.
Executive members present:
††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††† Richard Ferch ††††††† VE3KI††††††††††† President
††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Dave Conn ††††††††††††† VE3KL†††††††††† Past President
††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† John Barnhardt††††† VE3ZOV††††††† Vice President
††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Barry Allison††††††††††† VE3NJK††††††† Treasurer
††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† Norm Rashleigh ††† VE3LC†††††††††† Secretary
Pat Brewer ††††††††††††† VE3KJQ††††††† Director regrets
††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† John Hewitt ††††††††††† VE3PUX††††††† Director
Guests:† Jim Dean's family including Sandra Dean, Peter Dean, Jim Dean Jr. and his wife Jodie.† Also Louise Rawlings, Elsie Parkinson and Marjorie Lalonde, Glenn MacDonell VE3XRA and David Green VE3TLY
2) Minutes of the November 17, 2015 dinner meeting: - Richard VE3KI asked for approval of the minutes as posted on the Chapter 70 website.
Moved by George Roach, VE3BNO and seconded by Marcel Lemay, VE3FNG that the minutes be adopted as posted. Carried.
3) Presidentís report: Richard, VE3KI.†††††††
Richard reminded those present about the Chapter 70 net on Mondays on the VE3MPC repeater (147.150 +) and also about QCWA Internationalís weekly nets: SSB on 20 meters on Sundays at 2000Z on 14.347 MHz. and CW on 40 meters on Wednesday evenings at 8 pm Eastern time on 7.035 MHz. †A separate QCWA CQ 100 (dial 14.347) internet net is on Fridays at 11 am, Eastern time.
The May meeting of Chapter 70 will be on Tuesday May 17.
4) RAC Hall of Fame Award presentation: The RAC Hall of Fame award for 2015, appointment of Jim Dean VE3IQ (SK), was presented by Glenn MacDonell, VE3XRA (RAC President) to Jimís widow Sandra.† Sandra followed the presentation by a nice speech about life with Jim, his career and his passion of amateur radio.
5) ††After Dinner Speaker:
Dave Green VE3TLY
Off Grid at VA2GN
Dave Green gave a presentation on the off-grid power system he uses to power his cottage radio station.
6) Door prizes and 50-50 draw: Richard VE3KI, assisted by Dave VE3KL, conducted the selection of winning tickets for the door prizes and 50/50 draw.† The winner of the 50/50 draw was Joe Parkinson, VE3JG.
7) All photos at the meeting were taken by John Barnhardt, VE3ZOV.
The meeting was adjourned at 2 pm.
Minutes submitted by
Norm Rashleigh, VE3LC