QUARTER CENTURY WIRELESS ASSOCIATION
NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION
OTTAWA ONTARIO CANADA
11:45 am – 3:00 pm
Tuesday February 20, 2018
1) At 12:00 PM, President John Barnhardt VE3ZOV welcomed José Campione, Chapter members, guests, and introduced the head table.
Executive members present:
John Barnhardt VE3ZOV President
Richard Ferch VE3KI Past President
Luc Pernot VE3JGL Vice President
Bryan Rawlings VE3QN Treasurer / Membership
Norm Rashleigh VE3LC Secretary
Pat Brewer VE3KJQ Director
Gary Spence VE2GK Director
There were 24 members and guests attending the meeting. Guests included: Liliana Conn, Celsa Barnhardt, and Louise Rawlings
2) Minutes of the November 21, 2017 dinner meeting:
John VE3ZOV asked for approval of the minutes as posted on the Chapter 70 website. Moved by Barry Allison VE3NA and seconded by Marcel Lemay VE3FNG that the minutes be adopted as posted. Carried.
3) President’s report: John, VE3ZOV
John reminded those present about the Chapter 70 net on Mondays on the VE3MPC repeater – 147.150 MHz 100 Hz tone. John gave thanks to the following members for their service to the Chapter this past year:
· Doug Leach, VE3XL for managing the Web Site
· Pat Brewer, VE3KJQ for the awards program
· Dave Conn, VE3KL for the meeting door prizes
· Richard Ferch, VE3KI for his presidential duties in 2017
· Norm Rashleigh, for his secretarial duties and the Journal report submissions.
John announced our next meeting will be a dinner affair, Tuesday May 15th; this will be our annual awards presentation meeting for members, guests and spouses.
4) SK and Illness report: Bryan / VE3QN
Bryan had nothing to report.. Doug Leach, VE3XK announced that Larry McCalvy, WA9JMO passed away, he was a Vice President, QCWA International.
* Meal Break *
5) After Dinner Speaker:
Norm Rashleigh, VE3LC introduced our guest speaker, José Campione, VA3PCJ giving a brief biography of this professional career as a medical doctor, microbiologist and public health specialist, activities as a sailor and radio amateur with his focus on QRP, CW and operating from islands in the Ottawa River. José presentation was lighthearted and showed wonderful photos of his exploits titled: “Improbable QRP Adventures of an Even More Improbable Radio Amateur”
At the conclusion of José’s talk, John Barnhardt, VE3ZOV thanked him for his wonderful and entertaining presentation.
6) Door prizes and 50-50 draw:
Richard VE3KI assisted by Duncan VE3GXU conducted the selection of winning tickets for the door prizes and 50/50 draw. The winners of the two prizes were: Celsa Barnhardt, Alan Goodacre and Luc Pernot. Luc also won the 50/50 draw of $21.50
The meeting was adjourned at 3:00 pm.
Minutes prepared by:
Norm Rashleigh, VE3LC
Chapter 70 Secretary.